Building upon years of experience as a litigator, as an associate with the firm, Michael Devlin now focuses his practice representing consumers against vehicle manufacturers and distributors in class action matters. In addition, he continues to represent California consumers in connection with the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act in state and federal courts across California. Throughout the course of his career, Mr. Devlin has successfully represented hundreds of consumers and obtained recoveries totaling in the millions of dollars for his clients. While his focus has largely been related to consumer protection, he has also represented clients in employment and labor disputes, business disputes, and real estate matters.
Familiar with all stages of litigation, Mr. Devlin is able to advise his clients through pretrial discovery, law and motion, settlement negotiations, and mediation. Not one to shy away from a fight worth fighting, on numerous occasions Mr. Devlin has argued on his clients’ behalf all the way to favorable verdicts at trial when defendants have refused to settle. As a result, he has acted as both a lead and solo trial attorney and obtained invaluable experience and comfort in the courtroom.
- University of Southern California Law School, Juris Doctor, 2009.
- Radford University, B.S. magna cum laude, Political Science, 2000.
- California State Bar
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- Alcohol-Endorsing Athletes Can Join Joe Camel and The Marlboro Man on the Bench, Entertainment and Sports Lawyer, Vol. 27 No. 3, Fall 2009, at 15.